March 26, 2023

Cannon's Accident

Cannon unfortunately had a minor collision on the street in front of the school where he has to park.  He was trying to flip a U and go to the other side of the street to park and another vehicle was driving by that he didn't see.  He hit their passenger side rear door.  They went to the office and spoke to the police officer there and gave basic information to them.  He texted me at about 11 that morning and said he needed to talk to me about something later.  After school he called me, and had to tell me over the phone what had happened because his car was not drivable.  I was mostly upset that he hadn't called me in the morning when it happened.  I picked Kinsley up from school and drove over to assess what the damage really was. It ended up needing to be towed, so I made the necessary calls to get it taken to the mechanic.  I also told him he needed to message the girl whose car he had hit and give her my number so that her parents could get in touch with us.  We ended up speaking to her dad that night, and he was really nice about it.  He offered to look for a replacement door on junkyard websites and to put the door on himself.  Luckily he found one and we were able to get it ordered online and had it delivered to their house.  It only ended up costing about $700.  Cannon's car on the other hand had a lot more damage than we had originally thought/hoped.  It ended up costing close to $4,000 to get it drivable.  We didn't have a body shop repair the damage, the mechanic just did what they could when they fixed the other stuff.  They did a pretty decent job I thought.  




 

No comments: